Wednesday, August 12, 2009

DAY 11 - Sugar-Free Food


I am on WEEK 2/ Phase I and I really want a new dessert. Sugar-free popcicles and jello are fine, but I feel like I am getting a pre-school snack. I found this on Kalyn's Kitchen blog.

Jelled Ricotta Pudding
(Makes 4 servings, recipe shared by Janet Davis and tested by Kalyn.)
1 pkg sugar-free Jello, any flavor that appeals to you
(this recipe is for 4-serving size package, double it for larger box of Jello.)
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup cold water
Put ricotta cheese into bowl and stir with fork or wisk until it's slightly softened. Have four glass dishes (slightly over 1/2 cup each) ready on counter to pour the hot Jello mixture into. Put powdered Jello from package into large glass measuring cup, pour in boiling water and wisk for 1-2 minutes, until all Jello is dissolved in the water. Stir in ricotta, then cold water and mix together. Pour into glass bowls and place in refrigerator to set. I waited about 2 hours until the mixture was partly firm, then covered it with cling wrap.
Serve cold, from individual dishes.


Here's how my day went...
(B) 2 fried eggs/ half tomato/ water
(S) iced decaf coffee
(L) OK, I had luch at Monsoon today. No problem sticking on the South Beach plan!
albacore poke with cucumber & tobiko/ Chinese mustard greens with shiitake & ginger/ 5 spice & pork spare ribs - OK, a little fatty, but I haven't cheated since day 1.
(S) sugar-free hard candy/ water/ sugar-free fudgcicle/ mozzarella stick
(D) chicken/ spinach/ mushrooms/ cucumbers & tomato/ water

I only did half of my resistance training. Still not motivated. Well, at least I went to the gym.
Cardio : 20 minutes Arc Trainer
Resistance 2x: crunches/ squats/ military presses with kettle bells
More Cardio: 10 minutes rowing/ 10 minutes treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin