Friday, January 15, 2010

Cafe Flora

I've said it a million times, "If someone else cooked for me I would be a vegetarian!" Seriously! I love to cook, but I am not so creative with vegetables. In my kitchen, vegetables are almost always a SIDE.


I recently met a good friend for lunch at Cafe Flora in Madison Valley. I must admit, it had been a long time since I had stepped foot in the place. It was a typical rainy day in Seattle, the nice thing is, Cafe Flora is so adorable, I forgot about the sideways rain outside!

I had the Mushroom and Farro Soup. Smooth and delicious, without the cream.



There a several choices on the lunch menu and Cafe Flora still brings bread and olive oil to the table without charging, like many restaurants do now. I think the menu is a little pricy, considering they're are vegetables, but worth it. The flavor combinations are explosive and kept me interested from the first bite to the last.


My friend had the Soup du Jour. I can't remember what it was, but it looked delicious.


Roasted Apple Sage Foccacia: Thick foccacia with cheese and apples, who needs meat?


Cara Cara Orange and Avocado Salad: This salad was very interesting. I could've done without the stems on the watercress, but not a big deal. The flavors were a perfect balance of sweet, savory, spicy, tart...YUM.


The food is interesting enough to satify your favorite meat-eater and hearty enough to warm you up, even on the nastiest rainy Seattle day.
Not sure if this is so kid-friendly, not for my kid anyway. If you haven't been to Cafe Flora yet, you really should check it out.
YUM!


Cafe Flora on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. That food looks fabulous! Especially the soup :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like one fabulous meal! I like to eat vegetarian a lot, as I am not a big meateater myself, but I have a boyfriend who likes to have meat on occassion...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin