Friday, April 23, 2010

Thinking of Paris...mmm...Macarons at Le Panier

To be honest, I don't think I ever ate macarons when I was in Paris. I ate crepes while walking to Notre Dame. Escargot, moules and steak frites. Chocolate and delicious wines.
I remember a lot of cheeses...YUM.
How did I ever forget to eat REAL FRENCH MACARONS, when I was in Paris.
Le Panier is our little piece of Paris, in Seattle. Le Panier has some of the best breads, sables, tartes, and so many more French pastries, I cannot remember. Oh, and the best baguette sandwiches EVER. My favorite baguette sandwich...ham and butter.
Don't knock it until you try it!
OK, the star, or secret indulgence at Le Panier...the macarons. Some of my favorites: cafe, pistachio, raspberry, chocolate, orange-ganache, vanilla, and lemon. Actually, I think that is every flavor macaron at Le Panier. I must have bought one of each on this particular visit.
Hmmm...what a surprise.

This is my favorite, orange-ganache.

Here they are waiting for you to bring them to your home.
A little bit of Paris, right here in Seattle.

Le Panier on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin