Thursday, June 24, 2010

Go Greek! Lamb and Smashed Potatoes

As we enter BBQ season, all I can think of is Lamb, Lamb, Lamb. This time of year Lamb really starts to show up more at the stores and restaurants. Recently, the butcher at my local QFC store put out some beautiful lamb chops and I couldn't resist. I really prefer to grill lamb, but it's been way too cold for that. Very Sad.

An easy way I prepare lamb is on a very hot pan, and then finished in the oven at 325 degrees for 10 -20 minutes, depending on how rare you like it.

Greek Smashed Potatoes

I had a version of Fried Potatoes at LOLA in Seattle. Crunchy on the outside and still creamy in the inside. Not sure how this is prepared, but I have a really easy way and my family loves it!

I take steamed baby potatoes and smash them with the back of a wooden spoon. Make sure the potatoes are heavily olive oiled, then they are almost ready to go into the oven. Add a little kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, and chopped fresh rosemary. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin