Saturday, June 5, 2010

The King Cafe

It's been nearly 10 years since I have been back to the King Fish Cafe. Why? Well, when King Fish Cafe opened, EVERYONE and their mother went to King Fish Cafe, they were, and still are, extremely popular, and the wait was incredibly long. However, once you have a taste of the rich flavors and southern hospitality, you'll know what I mean.
My last visit to The King Fish Cafe was not for dinner, but rather, for Brunch. I could eat breakfast food all day, so I was really excited to check out what The King Fish had to offer.
French Eggtorte with roasted tomato coulis
Eggs, Pepper , Onion and Andouille Sausage baked with herbs and garlic, served with either home fries or a green salad.
Tequila Club Members: Gillian, me and Debbie

This was one of our Tequila Club meetings without tequila. Well, it was only 10:00 am and no tequila on the menu at the King Fish Cafe. Great idea Debbie!
A change of pace from our usual Tequila drinking meetings.
Don't you wish you were a member?

Chicken & Waffles
One Buttermilk Waffle served with 2 Fried Chicken Wings and either gravy or syrup

Debbie's son, Truce, had some of his mom's Chicken & Waffles. I was on another crazy diet, when we went to The King Fish Cafe, so I passed on the Chicken & Waffles, however, I thought of stealing a bite when Truce wasn't looking.

Of course, grits are on the menu. I think Debbie got the "Good Glory! Grits", isn't that a funny name? The grits are served with gravy, a HUGE biscuit and scrambled eggs.

My mind always goes blank when people ask me for Breakfast/ Brunch suggestions. I have to say, The King Fish Cafe deserves a mention next time I'm asked. However, the next time I return to The King Fish Cafe, I will be back for dinner.

I see Gumbo, Catfish and a Louisville Lemonade in my future!!!
Kingfish Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin