Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ruth's Chris Steak House

The Send-Off Dinner with Tyler & Jenny, before they leave for college. I have to say,
many memorable meals I have had have been at Ruth's Chris Steak House,

both in Bellevue and Seattle. This night was one of them. The Executive Chef,
Thomas Wichert was kind enough to stop by to say, "Hello!"
Quick story before I tell you about our awesome meal...

A few winters ago, we had a terrible snow storm and lost power in our house. The first night was tolerable, but we couldn't do it again. We checked into the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle and ate at Ruth's Chris Steak House every night. I ALWAYS order the Cowboy Ribeye, but seeing that the Ruth's Chris was in the lobby of our hotel, and practically our home kitchen, I thought I'd order something new. So, with so many choices, I ordered the Mixed Grill. I think the mix grill changes often, but what came on my plate that night was so good; petit filet, stuffed chicken breast, and a housemade sausage. We ordered the usual sides, our favorites, garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Snow Storm or not...Great Memory.


So, we've spent most Father's Days, one Mother's Day and most Birthdays at Ruth's Chris as a family. My husband would often grab a quick dinner at the bar when I was working late. I love meeting my girlfriends at the bar for Happy Hour. Ruth's Chris Steak House...We Love You!!!







OK, back to the dinner... Of all the nights I have eaten at Ruth's Chris Steak House, I had never ordered the Porterhouse for two. First off, my husband loves the New York and I dream about the Cowboy Ribeye. Before we got to the restaurant, we decided on the Porterhouse and shook on it. Best deal I'd made in a long time. The Porterhouse is the best of both worlds. SERIOUSLY!!! No need for any additional sauces or toppings, this big juicy steak is PERFECT. I usually order my steak rare, but we ordered the Porterhouse Medium-Rare. I thought something this big and bone-in rare might come out raw. Great decision. This might be my new favorite steak.

We ordered a nice selection of sides; sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach, asparagus with hollandaise, and julienne potato fries. YUM.

Happy Ending and a Sweet Goodbye. We all saved room for dessert and we really went for it!!!

Creme Brule, Bread Pudding, Chocolate Explosion Cake, and Apple Crumble...Oh My!
Another Memorable Meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Ruth's Chris Steak House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. my goodness, that is a lot of cow! i'm afraid i'm not able to digest as much meat as i used to, but i would love to try that porterhouse sometime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin