Saturday, October 16, 2010

Battle of the Sonoran Hotdog: BK Carne Asada, & Hot Dogs Steakhouse

Fan of Food Wars? I love the show. A few months ago there was an episode featuring 2 Sonoran Hot Dog places in Tucson, AZ. My son was leaving for University of Arizona soon, so I had to check out these hot dog places.
On a recent visit to Tucson, I was running errands with my son, still trying to figure out my way around. We were driving and noticed there was a drive-thru. We were in a rush, so we thought, "Let's turn around and go there for a quick bite". I didn't want to eat in my cousin's freshly vacuumed and washed car, so we parked and went in.

My son ordered the Sonoran Hot Dog. I ordered the Combo #3. To be honest, I didn't really know what I ordered. I knew there was a beef taco included, I can't remember what the other thing was, but the "quesadilla" look-alike, was YUMMY!
I really liked my meal, however, I wished I ordered the Sonoran Hot dog. Why? Because I didn't realize until I bit into my taco, "Wait, is this one of the places on Food Wars??! Darn it. Well, I will be returning to Tucson, AZ very soon, so to be continued...

BK's Carne Asada and Hot Dogs (Central Tucson) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin