Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eastside Eats: Cantinetta

Cantinetta...what can I say?  I love it!!!  Not a lot of seating.  To be honest, I like smaller restaurants, so either come early or be prepared to wait.  Decent wine list with decent pricing.  We started with the Beef Carpaccio with granna and lemon.  EXCELLENT!  Flavors were perfect and the portion, not too heavy.
*side note...I had the worst experience with carpaccio at Cosmos at the Bellevue Club lately.  The flavors were fine, but they really took the "paper" thin cutting of the meat a little too seriously.  My husband and I literally had to scrape the carpaccio off the plate. 

Eggplamt casserole.  DELICIOUS.  I forgot what they called this...probably something Italian.

We had never visited Cantinetta before and were looking for a lighter meal, so we ordered an item from  each course and shared the Antipasti, Primi, Secondi, Contorni, however, we ordered 2 desserts. 
Butternut Squash Ravioli with leeks and cipollini

Roast Chicken, braised greens, and lemon.  Many layers of flavor.  Delicious!


We had Vino Santo with our desserts.  Pear Tart and Nutella Zeppole (Italian Doughnuts)...YUM!


Great meal.  I highly recommend that you visit.
Cantinetta Bellevue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin