Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eastside Eats: Azteca

It's been years, but I recently had dinner at Azteca.  For many years, Azteca was the place to go for family dinners, workday lunches and Happy Hour on the Eastside.  Now that downtown Bellevue has grown and many Seattle eateries have opened Bellevue locations, we seem to have forgotten about Azteca.
Nothing has changed.  The menu looked about the same to me.  Kid Friendly and a good place to watch sports.  Another plus, Negra Modello is on draft!!!

I decided to get something other than combo A, B or C, like every Mexican restuarant menu has.  I had the Molcajete.  I was hoping it was the entree my friend had at Guadalajara in Tucson, AZ, that looked so GOOD!  The Molcajete is a stew of both chicken and beef sauteed in a spicy sauce with mushrooms, onions and tomato sauce.
The stew is topped with cheese, fresh green onion, jalepeno and served with either corn or flour tortilla, rice, beans, and avocado.

The food is pretty good, just the way I remembered.  Azteca isn't one of those super authentic or new edgy Mexican places.  Just good food, friendly service, comfortable place. and the pricing isn't ridiculous.  You know what I mean.  If you haven't been there in awhile and you don't feel like cooking tonight, give it another visit.
Azteca Mexican Restaurant (Bellevue) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin