Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Night Bites in Seattle: Bistro Turkuaz

I don't know why Bistro Turkuaz hasn't been on my radar, but I LOVE this place. 
My husband tells me that he thought of going here about a year ago, but forgot about it...OMG, Bistro Turkuaz is so great!!!

Turkish Beer
Bistro Turkuaz has turkish beer.  Yippee!  I have been interested in beers more lately and I love it when I can have beer from the area that the food I am eating is from.  Hmmm, the beer was ok.  I still have a lot to learn about beers, so maybe I should stick to my favorites, a good IPA.

Great Starters
So, we started with the Mediterranean Platter with hummus, feta, olives, pita, and a bunch of other YUMMY stuff.
The Grilled Lamb

Beef Kabob

I ordered the Kofte Kebab.  All the entrees come with a salad and rice or tabouli.  I chose the tabouli.  The best tabouli I have ever had.  Fresh, great texture, a little tart, a little salty, a lot PERFECT. 

My Favorite: Kofte Kebab
I had a little nibble of the Beef Kebab, Grilled Lamb and my Kofte Kebab.  All three entrees were so good, but I think my entree was the best.  The meat on the Kofte Kebab are marinated in the perfect blend of "Oh so good!!!"  I didn't like the little carrot salad, but I don't like carrots.  My husband, carrot lover, said the carrot salad was DELICIOUS. 
Baklava
Which dessert is better?  I don't know.  I say Baklava.  For those of you who don't like rosewater in rice pudding, you'll like this.  There was a touch of spices, no cardamom that I could notice, but I am comparing Turkish rice pudding to Indian rice pudding.  Regardless, the texture was creamy, but maybe a little bland.
mmmmm...Rice Pudding
Bistro Turkuaz on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin