Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Purple Cafe...still not a fan

 It has been years since I have gone to Purple Cafe.  I like the flights, I like the space & decor, there's a lot I like, except the food. 
I started with the Argyle Brut.  Love the stuff!

Perfect accompaniment to bubbly...oysters.

I really like all the attention to detail at Purple Cafe...cool space.

Macaroni & Cheese with Lobster.  Obvious choice for me.  Can't go wrong, right?  John had the pear salad for his starter and the cod for his entree.

OK, everything was just ok.  I enjoyed the oysters and I should have eaten them all night.  Everything else I ate was just ok.  The server was very nice, she might have noticed the obvious signs of disappointment, however, I didn't try to be obvious.  A small plate of Dates stuffed with Gorgonzola & saba came to the table, compliments of our server.  Very generous, however, just ok.
I switched my bubbly to Schroedel Cremant d'alsace Champagne...YUMMY.  Dessert was a salted caramel ice cream sandwich.  Again, just OK.

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar Bellevue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin