Thursday, June 16, 2011

Funny Finger Food...Deviled Eggs


Chelsea's Deviled Eggs ROCK!!!
I use to always laugh when I would see deviled eggs make an appearance at parties, but I always eat them.  My sister Cindy owns deviled eggs in my family and makes them for most holiday parties.  This year her daughter, my niece Chelsea, made the deviled eggs.  Chelsea is a ROCK STAR baker and she is also a ROCK STAR cook!!!    Her deviled eggs were awesome!!!  Actually, without the deviled eggs, we'd be stuck with chips, dips and a boring veggie tray. 

I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have the sassy deviled eggs when we're out. After all, I don't always want a fancy appetizer or a bowl of the spiced nuts when I am sipping a cocktail...a deviled egg...PERFECT!
roe vs. egg at Black Bottle Postern

I guess the deviled eggs have always been out there, but I never order them.  Well my friends times have changed.  The designer deviled eggs are here and I love them.

I love what Black Bottle Postern is doing with deviled eggs, salty, spicy, creamy and delicious.  Bargain at $5.00 for 4 or 5 pieces.  Just enough to go with my Manhattan.

OK, I wanted to keep these a secret, because they are not on the regular menu at Peyrassol Cafe at Southport...YES...Deviled Eggs!!!  On occation, Peyrassol closes for special dinners and I went to one a few months ago.  I can't remember if each person was served the tiny little bowl with the deviled quail eggs, but I wanted more, More, MORE!!!  If you haven't been to Peyrassol Cafe, you need to find it and go there.  Owner, Pastry Chef, and Chef Sashia, along with her husband Co-Owner, Sommelier, Scott serve a flawless meal.
Black Bottle Bellevue on UrbanspoonPeyrassol on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin