Saturday, June 4, 2011

What's for dinner?

My son has been away at school so I haven't really needed to make dinners.  I work in the food business, I need to support it, right?  So, What do you mean, "What's for dinner?"  In this past year, I have spent way too much time eating at every restaurant around, not at home.  When I started this blog, I was fortunate enough to have the time to COOK AT HOME!!!  I had all day to plan meals, shop, re-introduce myself to all my cookbooks.  OK, now I work, live and breathe FOOD, but in my house, the only meal I can put together is a cheese plate.  Sad.


The Bees Knees from Bennett's...YUMMY.
 As much as I love to check out a new restaurant, EVERYDAY, I can't.  Even with workouts 5 out of 7 days a week, all my restaurant picks are taking a toll on my body.  Many will disagree, but I have no self control in a restaurant AND I do not believe in moderation.  Once I take a seat in a restaurant, I WILL EAT THE BREAD AND BUTTER and I will order one, or two, of the creative cocktails the bartender has created, and whether I am full or not, I AM HAVING DESSERT.

Today, I have roasted sweet potatoes with a little olive oil, sea salt and paprika, for a simple salad with grilled chicken for dinner.  Earlier, I steamed clams with some celery, onions, salt and pepper.  I plan to make chowder later.  I've missed the Farmer's Market for today, but as long as I shop the "Organic" section, I won't feel guilty.

So, off I go.  Now I need to make sure John can make my current favorite cocktail, Bees Knees, just like the bartender at Bennetts.  Kissed to all...Ciao-Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin