Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pancakes for Dinner

Breakfast at Gilbert's On Main
Last night I made pancakes for dinner.  Why?  A few months back, John and I had a late breakfast at Gilbert's On Main, before heading out to Washington State University to pick up our son from school.  I have been craving the Marion berry and brandied walnut pancakes for the last few days.  OK, I didn't make the fluffy buttermilk pancakes like Gilbert's, I wanted to be a little healthier.  I made Whole Wheat & Honey pancakes some with blackberries and some with mini chocolate chips.

So, my son and his friends joined us for pancake dinner with butter, maple syrup, a side of thick cut bacon and scrambled eggs...satisfied my craving!!! 
I have to admit, my healthy version of Gilbert's pancakes were not bad, but not the same.  I should've made old fashion white flour, buttermilk pancakes.  Now I think I will need to go back to Gilbert's.  For $9.95, you get 2 big fat fluffy pancakes with a huge scoop of whipped butter and syrup...YUMMY.
There are other good menu items at Gilbert's like their breakfast bagels and omelette's. I would highly recommend the Nova Scotia Lox, Red Onion, Caper and Roma Tomato Omelette served with potatoes and a bagel, $13.95.  OK, huge portions, but just go with another person and midway through your selection, switch, then you can have  little of both before getting sick of what you picked.  Good Idea!

Gilbert's Main Street Bagel Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin