Saturday, August 6, 2011

He Cooks! Kofta Kabobs

So, I am doing fine on my fitness program.  Friday, I did an upper body strength training routine, then did a 20 minute hill climb on the treadmill.  My husband and I have been trying to get over to Mount Si for a hike ever since we hiked Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, AZ.  I thought I should get ready for it, whenever we go.

Anyways, after my workout, I had exactly 12 raw almonds, a cup of fresh strawberries and a handful of blueberries.  I skipped coffee or tea and just went for iced water all day.  For lunch, I had 1/3 of a black and blue salad.  I could have eaten the whole thing, with bread and butter, but I thought I should stop eating when I was full.  (don't roll your eyes!!!)

 Best part of the day was when I found out John was making dinner...yes people, HE COOKS!!!

He roasted a whole garlic bulb and served it with basmati rice which he steamed with a little, salt, olive oil, fresh parsley, dill and scallion.
He also grilled zucchini, patty pan squash and summer squash.
The main entree was KOFTA KEBAB with yogurt sauce...yummy!
We've made this before, but this time John made the kebabs with a blend of both lamb and beef.

Kofta Kabobs
2 - 2.5 pounds of meat
(John used lamb & beef, but we've used ground turkey before)

4 stems of curly parsley, chopped fine
1 small yellow onion, shredded fine
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
chili flakes, pinch (optional)

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and blend by hand.  When all the ingredients are blended together, set aside for 20 minutes to rest and marinate.  After 20 minutes, form the meat around long skewers, into long 1.5" to 2" logs.  Cook over charcoal grill.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin