Monday, February 27, 2012

Baked Rigatoni with Brussell Sprouts, Figs and Blue Cheese

This week the Food Matters Project recipe is Rigatoni with Brussell Sprouts, Figs and Blue Cheese.  The recipe was chosen by Twenty by Sixty, click here to get the recipe.  OK, I like all the stuff, but together?  We'll see...

I had hoped to get brussell spouts from the farmers market, but no luck, however, I was able to find organic brussell sprouts in the produce department at my local grocery store.  No luck with the figs, but I had frozen some, so I used those.  The figs were a little mushy, but I tasted them and their delicate flavor was still there.  I was a little worried, because dried figs were the alternative choice, and I think dried taste so different.  Oh well...


I used an Oregon Blue Cheese, Oregonzola, very yummy by the way!

I'm not a fan of whole wheat pasta, but I chose one that was organic and made in Italy, should be fine!

I have to admit, I wasn't excited for this recipe, especially since I missed the first three.  OK, not pretty, but not bad.  I had a second serving and really enjoyed it with a nice Pinot Noir. 

Give it a try!


1 comment:

  1. I was iffy about it too because I had used up my figs, but I had some fig sauce and used that instead. I was pretty happy with this dish, surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin