Friday, March 2, 2012

Roasted Salmon and Lentils

This year I have decided to S L O W down.  2011 was a year of go, go, go, run, run, run. Along with that came less eating at home, which I REALLY missed.  In 2010, a new cooking group started French Fridays with Dorie.  I couldn't wait to start and I loved the book Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.  OK, big bump, I started a new job.  For those of you who know me, I love NEW... so I gave 175% of my time to work.  Eating dinner out nightly, not a bad thing (in moderation), gaining weight (again) and blah, blah, you know the rest.
Well, it's February and I really need to reel it in.  I am finally making one of the recipes from Around My French Table and I will try my best to follow the group at French Fridays with Dorie as we plow through all the wonderful recipes.  OK, here we go!

 Here in the Northwest, we can't get enough Salmon, so trust me, I was excited to try a new way to make salmon.  I have made salmon and lentils before, but I think this recipe, especially for the lentils, is a very good one! 

The fish guy said the Sockeye was better today, but the recipe called for King.  I'm not too picky with salmon, unless it's sushi.  Well, I said the recipe called for "King", so here it is.

I had all the other ingredients at home, so after a long day at work, I was busy in the kitchen making dinner.  Earlier in the day, I texted my husband, "Late Dinner tonight, ok?"  He responded, "ok".  We were both excited for dinner at home. 
I simmered the lentils, roasted the salmon...no stress at all!  Surprisingly enough, this recipe was easy to follow, with a glass of Pinot Noir...seriously.  I give it an A+.

5 comments:

  1. A+ - wow. Glad this was a hit for you & welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Hope you manage to slow down. It's always hard to shift gears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back in the FFwD train, Gracie. Nice to meet you! You are very lucky to have access to such wonderful seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your access to fresh seafood. Here in Oklahoma we make do with what we can get. I'm all in favor of slowing down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm headed to Seattle tomorrow to visit family! :) I know what you mean by no shortage of salmon!! LOL!! What a lovely plate you put together!

    Alice @ http://acookingmizer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin