Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thank you France for the Cocoa Sables

The day you decide to make sables, wake up early, get out all the best ingredients in your kitchen, COCOA, chocolate, vanilla, butter, sugar, MIX, roll AND WAIT.
I usually make the beautiful sable during the holidays, but the crazy group, at French Fridays with Dorie, picked Cocoa Sables for the recipe last Friday.  I wasn't going to make these sables until Easter, but why not have sables year round?  My husband said, "Those would be good with coffee".  Good point!  I made two rolls of sables, one smaller than the other.  This way I can cut the smaller ones any time, bake 15 minutes, and Viola...the beautiful cocoa sables and French press coffee: Priceless!
I did a little experimenting with different sugars, but cocoa sables really don't need anything,
they're perfect plain.
For the recipe, check out Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Table, I love this cookbook!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your colored sugar! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies are good anytime. I love that sugar too, so very decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the sables but definitely plan on getting to them! Yours look gorgeous, especially on the wonderful plates with colored sugar crystals!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin