Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grilled Cheese and Pandesal

Photobucket Did you know there is a Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day? Some of the members of Gutsy Cooks Club are making grilled cheese sandwiches this week. Well, there are so many different "right" ways to make a grilled cheese sandwich, which one is right? In my house, my husband thinks you take two slices of bread, slather every side with a ton of butter, put 1 slice of cheese in between and grill, squishing lightly on each side. Hmmm...I think you take two slices of bread with cheese in between, lightly oil your pan and grill. Well, I checked out a few different ideas and decided this was interesting, Grilled Cheese and Pandesal. My dad just happened to give me a big bag of Pandesal, Filopino Rolls, and I didn't know what to do with all of them. I used grated Tillamook Cheddar and enjoyed every bite with a nice glass of Ergo Tempranillo Rioja. Here's the original recipe, http://thehungrygiant.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/grilled-cheese-pandesal-sandwich/ Enjoy!k

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin