Monday, September 10, 2012

food matters project: Edamame Cakes with Soy Drizzling Sauce

Whoops, I bought the shelled edamame. Well I took the time to read the recipe again while I shelled the edamame. OK,I was a little hesitant to make the recipe for this week because it reminded me of the FAILED chickpea cakes that disintegrated when they hit the oil.
So I was glad to see egg and flour are added, this should keep the cake from breaking up when it hits the oil.
My husband was planning on steaming Ling Cod in his ginger-garlic-soy steaming broth. Perfect for the edamame cakes.  He also steamed a few pork-corn dumplings...mmm!
A nice cold Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc made a nice accompaniment with our dinner.
This recipe was great and I had everything I needed without going to the store.  Yay!!!
To see other versions check out The Food Matters Project for the recipe go to Kathleen and Tom's blog!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin