Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TWD: Baking with Julia - Whole Wheat Bread

So simple and so good!  Since my yeast fears are but a memory, I love baking bread.  I've been trying to eat less carbs the last couple weeks, but the smell of fresh baking bread is irresistible.  I tell you, the recipe for whole wheat bread in Dorie Greenspan's Baking with Julia is a great go to bread.  The next time I make this, flax or cinnamon-raisin would be perfect additions.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This bread is a perfect lazy Saturday project.  The recipe makes 2 loaves, freezes well!
For the recipe go to http://www.veggienumnums.com/2012/09/twd-baking-with-julia-whole-wheat-loaves.html or http://thefamilythatbakestogether.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/whole-wheat-loaves/

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I think this bread is great plain, but could definitely stand up to some playing around, too. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the addition of flax balance out carbs :-) (If it doesn't don't tell me, I need to keep on believing that...)
    Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, perfect looking bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also love the addition of flax and cinnamon raisin to bread. Nice presentation. Baking gluten free, we are always looking for additional fiber in bread, and love the to add rice bran for extra texture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin