Sunday, November 30, 2014

Part-Time Vegetarian: The Cottage Cooking Club

At the end of October, I decided to try to eat vegetarian as much as possible. I had downloaded River Cottage Veg: 200 Inspired Vegetable Recipes, by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall a few months ago with the intention of joining The Cottage Cooking Club.  Well, the group started back in May and I finally had a very good reason to start!

I signed up to make couscous with herbs and walnuts, twice baked potatoes and patatas brava.  I was suppose to make stuffed cabbage too, sadly, I didn't make that yet.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The couscous with herbs and walnuts was good, similar tastes as tabouli, but not the same.  I was able to make this after work, no problem.  I will make this again for sure!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I had my couscous with grilled eggplant...Yum! The twice baked potatoes were very easy,  I actually made these over the weekend and we reheated them during the week for a quick dinner side dish.

Lastly, I made the patatas brava...delicious!  Also another easy make after work recipe.  I had my patatas brava with a salad and my son and husband had theirs with a nice filet.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I used a mix of baby potatoes. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
 To see the other recipes that were made this month, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Gracie, love the colorful mix of potatoes you used in the Patatas Bravas, this dish seeming to be a hit among those in the group this month. The cous cous served alongside the eggplant seems a nice combination. Nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you along for the CCC ride! I enjoyed the patatas bravas. The one I wish I'd made, so it's on my list to make soon, are those twice-baked potatoes. That sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorful mix of potatoes!! The patatas bravas was my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're joining us! All the dishes you made look beautiful. I didn't make any of the potato recipes this month, but I'm wishing I had. We loved the salad, but used quinoa, since Kevin can't have gluten. It worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to CCC! You chose some great recipes this month...the patatas bravas seemed to be a favourite with everyone who made them - I love the assortment of potatoes you used for the dish. And the twice baked potatoes are now on my list to make as they were such a hit too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin