Thursday, November 6, 2014

Part-Time Vegetarian: Zucchini Patties with Feta

I have to admit, if I wasn't trying to eat more vegetarian entrees, I would consider some of them, appetizers or side dishes. Well, tonight, I made Zucchini a Patties with feta, click here for the original recipe.  I doubled everything, because I am not a fan of frying, so I would be bummed if I ended up liking these, because I will not be frying again soon.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I started with 3 zucchinis, shredded, salted and let sit so some of the moisture drips away. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Next add 3 eggs, 1 cup of all purpose flour and feta cheese. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Now for the part I don't like, frying. I didn't use a non-stick pan, so I had to make sure to have he pan properly heated and added a little more canola & olive oil to the pan than the 1/2 cup that recipe called for. So I got splatter with oil a couple times, but I survived. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos All done! We really enjoyed these with a little Greek yogurt and a kale salad. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin